Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Pl And Orion

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Mick Horg on December 22, 2003 05:52:21 UTC

Yes, i have checked it on other sites and have confirmed that the constellations are more visible in winter / spring and also confirmed that pleaides is fixed together and moving thru space (analagous to the flight of a group of birds and discovered in the 70s) while orion is moving apart in different directions. I think fundamaentalist christians take the verse in Job to be something more than it really is. SO i have sorted this question out and come to the conclusion that this verse was not a prophecy of astronomy but rather it is portrayed that way by people who well meaningly want to make the bible scientifically water tight. Thanks for your help.
It has been good to get an answer on this.

As for another question(but not all that important as you will see), all this astronomy has gotten me interested so i bought a telescope for Christmas. My pet chimp looks through the eye piece but i dont know if his primative eyes can see anything through it. He mimics me and looks thru the thing, he screeches a bit but i dont know what he sees. Have you had any experience like this??

M

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins