Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
To Alan, Though He Rarely Answers My Responses

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by M.W.Pearson on December 20, 2003 17:38:52 UTC

Though I am not Aurino and am not hosing Alan....
Alan wrote:Is heavy use of mathematics a sign of "seriously"?
Yes, but is no insurance against delusive conclusions about how math applies. Only a dedication to integrity can guard one against fudging one's math to support one's most cherished pre-conceptions.

Alan wrote:
In a way you are right; they have no content, because they show FREEDOM; my posts might help release you from the math-laws of physics, release you from mathematical death...
Alan seems to say he is devising tools,
for which there is no such limitation. With tools, the tests are not mathematical but empirical and ethical.

Alan wrote:
"an expert mathematician has looked at Dr. Stafford's work and has agreed that my non-mathematical "category intersections" approach informed by John Hospers explanation of how words are defined by a broadening and narrowing process IS A VALID WAY OF MAPPING DR. DICK'S SYSTEM.
That does not surprise me.

Alan wrote: Ironically my map IS ABOUT THE VOLUNTARY NATURE OF THE ALLEGED LAWS OF PHYSICS, THAT "CONTENT" IS VOLUNTARY: AS YOU MEASURE SO YOU ARE MEASURED.
"As" and "so" do not correspond to any precise functions that I know. Can you help me understand how that statement is not just a weasel-phrase ?

The danger is that imprecise laws and equations can to be a tool of tyrants, petty and otherwise,
for fun and profit but at the expense of the one being judged.

In doubt and good faith,
Mike

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins