Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
You're Alright, Alan

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Aurino Souza on December 18, 2003 13:44:38 UTC

I don't know why Harv gets so upset with your posts. I find your "physics mapping" to be no better than the nonsense my five year-old boy comes up with. No, wait, he's not that bad! Honestly, Alan, I think you should wake up and smell the coffee; physics is not about that childish stuff, and the more you insist it is, the more it shows you don't take the subject seriously. I may have my weird opinions now and then, but as an engineer I know physics is not child's play, it's a very complex subject. Only ignorance may make it seem simple.

Then again, if you don't take physics seriously, no one is forced to take you seriously. Dick has some crackpot ideas about physics, but at least he's serious about the subject. His posts bother me because he's spreading misinformation, while your posts have no content whatsoever. I don't know what Harv sees as a big deal; I'm sure he has his reasons, as we all do.

That said, I don't agree with Harv's assessment of your mental faculties. I think you're very eccentric but I don't think you're crazy.

As to Mike and Dick, well, crazy is as crazy does. I have no idea how these people behave in real life; for all I know they could be the most ordinary people around. But their behaviour on this forum is crazy behaviour, and I say that not because of anything they say, but because of their indifference to others. They think they are so above criticism of any kind that it becomes impossible to have any kind of meaningful conversation with them.

Well, so much for being off-topic.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins