Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
I Won't Do That Again, Sorry

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Aurino Souza on December 17, 2003 14:50:50 UTC

Hi Harv,

I apologize, I'm losing it. I have tried to stay away from this forum, but boredom keeps bringing me back. I'll be on a long vacation starting next week, and I will make every effort to forget that this forum exists. It's too bad you and Paul keep posting here, otherwise I would have gone a long time ago.

Unfortunately our society has not found a satisfactory means to solve the mental illness problem

Yesterday was an interesting day, I learned something new. I realized that the reason mental illness is such a difficult problem to solve is because, in the majority of cases, mentally ill people neither want nor deserve to be cured. Dealing with psychos is too much of a burden on the mental health professional, and the patient seldom even acknowledges he has a problem to start with. Why bother then?

I think I heard this before but I'm not sure; in any case it makes perfect sense now: the goal of psychology and psychiatry is not to treat the patient, but to treat their families and protect the rest of society. Those wackos need to be drugged and treated in a harsh way not for their own benefit - they are beyond help - but for the benefit of the rest of society.

All of a sudden I'm extremely happy for not having dropped out of engineering and moving to psychology. As a freshman I seriously considered it.

Happy holidays,

Aurino

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins