Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Nice Essay On Y=1/x Cubed Rotated About X-axis

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Alan on December 16, 2003 08:58:32 UTC

Nice essay Paul,

very nice observation on water as product of combustion. Hadn't thought of "hydrogen + oxygen so why not fire" re: water...

Need to think about the y = 1/x cubed thing.

As well as a way of mapping physics I have uncovered a new way of looking at math, of translating it into English.

I don't know if this will work but an attempt just here:

What is "squaring", "cubing"?

Thought: self-reference.

"cubing" seems like "acceleration"? Miles per second PER second? Two to power 3 is 2 times 2 times 2; or 2 of 2 of 2?

DECELERATION?

Now that graph "decelerated" didn't it: it fanned out SPLAT into a trumpet!

What is "x axis"?

It is a converging definition of x? How do you know each value for x is linear re: preceding values? By feedback loops referring back to previous values?

What is "rotate about x-axis"?

A particular plot on a y-axis x-axis point is a Y-self-reference x-self-reference mutual reference?

Perhaps rotation about x-axis of such a point is "area". But the next point along would be ?

What does "y = 1/...." mean?

Hold y constant to x as unity/... ?

Each "next point" of x-axis y-axis would be defined by feedback re both axises so relatively DE-mutualising their mutual self-reference so generating a FIXED definition of "x-axis" and of "y-axis".

Thus "Volume" is defined! Because volume was integrated by differentiating area!

You see, we have a series of disks for each rotated x-y point plot that is rotated about x-axis. AREA is "disk" and we have a SERIES of disks (so AREA is differentiated).
(AS in: "area" definition locally "distinguished"; relatively separated from definition of x-numbers say)

But volume is integrated:

A multiplicity of values of x and y that are self-referential and mutually referential. The mutual space is DEFINED as the very definition of x-axis and y-axis.

IT IS FILLED WITH PAINT!

Congratulations again Paul Martin!

Thank you I didn't know where I was going or where I came from but all the while I was already there in this exercise?

Why could he not calculate area? Because it was already calculated?

Why could he calculate volume?
Maybe because of a limit in defining it due to interference with how x and y axises define each other?

Re: "relatively": isn't that Peter Lynd's point?
That here "y = 1/..." means "y is moving relatively to x" so position can not be precisely determined...

Isn't "relative motion" the very definition of "locked together" so "FIXED position"?

Axions:

I read up about axions as postulated particles that violate charge conjugation and parity re: colour forces.

Lee Smolin talks of quantized volumes and quantum geomtry...

Seems here we can see axions as localised "spheres" of volume-area in your math essay graph...

Little views of x-axis, y-axis?

AXIONS?

"Charge conjugation" as x-axis, y-axis....?

Parity ...

run out of time....

regards,

Alan

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins