Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Theorem --

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by William Witt on December 15, 2003 19:35:45 UTC

1.An idea proven or assumed to be true:proposition. 2. Math. A statement whose truth can be proved on the basis of a given set of axioms. --Webster's II New Riverside Dictionary
copy right 1996 Houghton Mifflin:New York.
I was using the term in the second half of the first definition.
#8 Christ said, (my paraphrase) "Do you think those on whom the tower of Silome fell were worst sinners than others? I tell you not, but unless you repent, you shall like wise perish." Everyone dies. Theological Christian Mythology states that before Sin there was no Death.
#2 Not sort of, you are Platonic. The True Form exists, that how we know Beauty, Truth, etc we see or hear it.
If the Truth exists outside the mind of man this is who Jesus Christ claimed to be: "I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life, no one comes to the Father but through me." (my paraphrase.)

Give me something you've written to ponder or we can keep beating this dead horse and see if it gets up and pulls the cart.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2018 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins