Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
A Funny Thing

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Alan on December 11, 2003 06:46:32 UTC

A funny thing about this whole question:

what does "arise purely from physical brain state" mean?

Because when you analyse this; you end out talking about the brain in terms of biology, physics and chemistry?

Well; they say that physics has solved chemistry; and now what about physics?

Lee Smolin, in a book "Three Roads To Quantum Gravity" which I've just been reading quite a bit of; says the idea that space is "channels of communication"; he suggests that everything physical is the flow of information.

Wow! Because Dr. Stafford suggests that "any communicable information obeys physics laws" and I found I can map a lot of physics on the model of "a conference or discussion where every point of view is given a hearing and no one is left out".

A juggling map I found for mapping sub-atomic particle patterns certainly does look like "channels of communication"! And it looks like "taking into consideration every point of view" is about "consciousness": being conscious, aware, considering, reflecting, considering every voice.

So if the "brain" is described only by chemistry and physics; well if physics reduces to consciousness then the brain is already built of consciousness?

If math in the mirror gives physics; maybe physics + math give chemistry? Maybe chemistry in the mirror gives biology?

About death:

consider an athlete attempting to jump the high-jump at the Olmpics. Or consider yourself attempting to jump on to grass from a wall as tall as you are.

If the athlete or you "hold back"; might not make it. Need to "go with yourself".

Seems that human beings drag themselves about in this world somewhat. Don't seem to be fully synchronised body and spirit as one.

Newborn babies I think are spiritually more in synch with their bodies.

People assume they are going to die.
I think that is a questionable assumption.

If you are transparent to yourself you can weaken the blocking of your child-hood and baby-hood experiences; become more aware more alive. If you disentangle from being very stuck to surrounding circumstances you can become more present.

I think we are not as alive say as we could be. I think we can "rise from the dead" and become in harmony with the universe.

Does consciousness survive after death? I think maybe "death" does not survive after consciousness. Maybe we are already "dead"; maybe WE are "consciousness surviving after death"; and what we call "death" is about becoming more conscious and can be avoided by simply becoming more conscious now?

-dolphin

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins