Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Miracle Or Tragedy?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Mad_Bomber on May 15, 2000 01:24:00 UTC

i have perused this mesage board, and would like to pose to you a question.
A person, with a one in a billion chance of survival (Like a terminally ill pateint) suddenly, without treatment, recovers fully, and continue thier life. This is seen as a miracle. If this is the case, why isn`t a plane crash, in which a one in a billion chance of a single part failing, which it does with out prompting, killign hundreds, a miracle?
If you are to say it is god`s will, how about a suicide cult? Is god contacting the cult leader in a miracalous method, commanding him/her and their followers to destroy themselves, is this a miracle or a tragedy?
comments?

PS, i am not religious, however i have read more religious texts than you can poke a stick at. I have also studied deeply int othe five more common religions, so don`t try to push me off as some athestic mad man.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins