Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Lighted Object Desceg During Morning Hours

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Tön/">Tön on February 4, 1999 13:43:14 UTC

: : On the way to work on Tuesday, 6:35 going north on the 405 I saw a hughe ball of light descend over the shopping center falling to earth in an arc and then apparently disintegrating. Could this have been a meteor? I've never seen one in the day time and especially that bright. It had no tail. It appeared to be about the size of a headlight and it was approximately .5 mile up. : : Please respond if you saw it too or if you hve seen meteors during the daytime.

: Well I didn't see it, but I car pool with my co-workers and they screamed and thus woke me up in the back seat! : ) And yes, it was about 6:30am or so...

: I live in the bay area, CA... where were you?

What's the deal with the Bay Area's atmosphere?? I used to live there and have had sightings of amazing streaks of something during the evenings. It seemed like we had no problem with light pollution denying us the view of the stars and sky, considering all the fumes from the smog. Must be the a convenient phenomena of being located by the ocean as opposed to inland. I used to live around Berkeley and Albany. Tön

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins