Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
With All Due Respect Of Science...

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Tim on December 4, 2003 04:59:46 UTC

i can only let your defense of science and scientists stand Kyle. i share your sentiments.

that aside i thought the quote contained much that complimented the earlier thread we were discussing. especially these lines:

"At issue is the fact that any explanation of anything is essentially a made up story which fits the facts." ...
"I am myself fairly sure that the actual number of possible explanations (each of which entirely fit the all the facts) is probably infinite."

where in we were discussing how "fashionable" perpectives (such as the clock work scenerio) seem to crop up in science and the zaney idea of universes that live up to mathematical concepts, those quotes seemed in line.

whats interesting is that there really is nothing so wrong about such ramifications, infact it can lead to pragmatic results and at the very least a sense of understanding nature and what it is that is done when scientist's get about the creative process of theorizing.

regards, tim

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins