Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
I Think What You Mean When You Flirt With Aurino

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Whittier on December 3, 2003 21:18:14 UTC

is that you are admitting you have poor judgment, "it seems to me."
Macula wrote:I was not speaking for him.
Mike, When I say "I think this is what Mario meant..." then I am speaking for no one but myself. I am expressing my own opinion of what I thought Mario meant.

Having said that, when you issue the imperative: "Let Mario speak for himself", then you are making a command that attempts to direct what someone other than yourself says. Isn't that similar to what you are objecting to in the first place?

Just playing by your rules for a moment, it seems
one can hide behind the idea that "it is just my opinion" and then spew non sequiturs and fallacies of all kinds from midnight to midnight.
There is no reason to drag Mario's name into this when the question was whether Mario had read a freely available book written by the person he was ridiculing. You didn't answer it. He didn't answer it. You explain what you think his thoughts were.

By the way, do you really still respect Aurino? Maybe you'll enjoy this:
"A liberal should be judged by what he does, not what he says ... (pause)... or the other way around, whichever comes first."
-- Rush Limbaugh

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins