Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Larry J. Rhodes

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on December 3, 2003 13:49:51 UTC

The attached is a graphic composited in Photoshop. The actual photograph was scanned from a black-and-white 35mm negative on a Nikon Super Coolscan 8000ED film scanner. The clouds, water, lens flare, and "torn" edge of the photograph were all created in Photoshop using various filters and brushes. The computer used was a Macintosh G4, dual 1.25GHz processor, with 2 gigabytes of RAM. The camera used to take the picture was a Pentax PZ-1p equipped with a Pentax 28-80mm zoom lens at 50mm. Lighting was achieved with one Novatron 240w/s strobe with 48" white umbrella for the main light, and a Novatron 240w/s strobe, direct light with diffuser for the background light. The film was Kodak TMax 400, shot at 1/250 sec., with an aperture of f/16.

I am co-owner of a new photography and graphic design studio in Northwest Arkansas, and I do a lot of personal work in my spare time. Though I'm sure many will find this image meritless (art is, after all, subjective, and for every one person you please, you'll displease a million others), but I thought I'd post it anyway.

My personal information follows. Please do not post it with this image. It is for your files only. Should anyone request my information, please email me at thelightbox@cox-internet.com, and I will contact the person making the request to see if such a request is warranted. Thank you for your time, and please don't hesitate to contact me with any questions or comments.

Larry J. Rhodes
The Light Box
801 Henryetta St. Suite 4
Springdale, AR 72762
(479)313-8643
thelightbox@cox-internet.com

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins