Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
What Mike Says Or Thinks Does Not Matter At All

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Aurino Souza on December 2, 2003 16:54:12 UTC

Richard,

Mike obviously has some sort of mental problem; most people have figured that out by now. Why Mike's insanity gets to your nerves, I could never understand that, but I'm sure that changing your name will not make much of a difference.

I think most of us need to learn a lesson in life: we should learn to detach ourselves from our negative emotional reactions. Think of Mike's posts as meaningless strings of words with no content whatsoever - which is what they are anyway - and you'll soon find out there's nothing to be upset about. But if you think of Mike as some archetype against which you have to fight, then you're in trouble. You can't change Mike anymore than he can change you. The best you can possibly do about Mike is to ignore him. Or, as I do sometimes, just make fun of his senseless behaviour.

Think of yourself as a god, and you won't be bothered with what mere mortals say, especially the lower species of mortals. It takes a lot of pride to be humble.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins