Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Not Mathematical?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Alan on December 1, 2003 06:58:10 UTC

Hi,

I have no computer and internet cafes the cost adds up; but just a brief reply at this stage:

A quick look at your material I notice:

"No pre-defined rules": this looks very similar to Dr. Richard Stafford's "make no assumptions" concept (although he does assume some things).

Your requirement that things can dissapear: very interesting: I found a way of apparently modelling physics where the structures created are "transparent": what I mean by this is that at every stage the structure is freely voluntarily created by mutual agreement. This concept looks just like your requirement that structures may dissapear.

Such a system seems to require consciousness. I do not think a computer programme can do this as by definition it is a "program" and not negotiable enough (although in reality to know there is a programme requires that it interact so a "meeting" involved then; so a consciousness issue seems to occur).

If you look at what I say about the Leibnitz equation for Pi in my post "Releasing apparent constraints in physics" and if you look at the sub-atomic particle map in "Yanniru this seems to work"; I think you may understand what I did there as it does involve a scenario where options remain open.

Structures described by physics laws seem to be shell-possibilities for juggling points-of-view; actual content is optional.

"Artificial consciousness" sems to be a contradiction in terms? Mathematics seems to generate "artificial confusion" by its assumptions regarding numbers as being only equal spaced.

Richard Feynman in a book on quantum electrodynamics refers to "re-normalisation" as "a dippy process" that might not be (or isn't) even mathematical. I found that "this dippy process" is able to map physics (via: comparing and matching patterns).

Pattern matching by free association in the law of non-contradiction.........

-dolphin

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins