Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
The Nine Billion Names Of Ruquist? Repeat 3 Names 3 Giga Times

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Whittier on December 1, 2003 06:41:45 UTC

After the "recent unpleasantness"
for example, athttp://www.astronomy.net/forums/god/messages/26190.shtml) a little clarification seems in order.

In reply to the Google search that turns up this page at http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=Richard+Ruquist:
The second one was the post I titled Ruquist is a liar, a jerk, and a dumb pasture pie. (Btw, it appears the archive continues to be groomed
according to some mysterious criteria. This reminds me of when the early Christians burned the library at Alexandria Egypt.)

The issues which, in my opinion, earned Ruquist these names (tongue in cheek, of course)
were a little more complex than it might appear.
I have no personal grudge against Ruquist,
nor are my opinions strongly opposed to some
of what he has written on this forum.
Unfortunately, in my opinion, his treatment
of my communication here has been quite disdainful, elitist and at the same time, ignorant.
Like others, he did not admit his facts were mistaken when I offered better information with reasonable politeness. When the rhetoric on this forum warmed past room temperature, it appeared various members of this forum were trying to "win" a contest using what seemed to me to be debating tactics rather than providing leadership or scientific objectivity. It appears that on this forum there is an "invisible hand" which favors the supposed merit of persons rather than merit of ideas they express. Ruquist, along with certain anonymous contributors, had seemed to be one of the main beneficiaries of this invisible hand. Therefore it seemed reasonable to try the “rudeness button” which he had showed me. I have yet not found the “deception button” which some folks here push
regularly. Since I don’t think the true powers will be deceived forever, I don’t think that
bothers me much.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins