Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
RE: RE: RE: I HAVE A QUESTION FOR ALL YOU SMART GUYS???????

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Tön on May 11, 2000 20:37:40 UTC

Real is what every individual perceives as real.

Yes there is a buildup of meaning, direction , and intelligence. We have come this far working on that model of self understanding and justification. But unless we change the direction of our path, we are heading excactly where we are going. As to where? Hmmm??

My total universe comprises of what is within it. So far, as far as we can see, as much as we know, and as much as we can imagine. Beyond that there is...nothing. Simple equation, something and nothing. Even if there is another universe, something must complements that universe? What affects this universe is the opposite of this universe. What that may be we`ll never know. It is there. To acknowledge it gives us life. It`s simplicity is so profound and intangible that we have to, like good human beings, try to understand it the best way can through anthromorphing a deity, a force, a god or whatever. Does it intervene or determine the universe or is it reliant to us as it`s necessary opposite?

Is it just live and die? What more do you want? Life not a mystery to be solved but lived. Ditto for death.

Materialism definetly does not cut it, but all depends on how you define the material? Evolution , change, variences, etc. creates the universe. I don`t see it as the end of process or the beginning of it but the whole of it. When it comes to perspective the universe to our seemingly insignificant self, I belive there is no scale. We are one with it and it one with us. For example, we have the same hydrogen and helium atoms that was created in the begining of time. Essentially, we are the universe. Death is merely a metamorphosis to another physical form. Same atoms, same everything. Burn a piece of paper and you just converted it`s molecular structure. It did not disappear. It just converted.

If you are talking about our conscience, our memory? Well I have a deadline to finish and ask me again sometime to remind me. But not to soon ok?

Tön

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins