Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Bringing Paul To The Top

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Tim on November 28, 2003 13:45:06 UTC

hi Paul,

http://www.astronomy.net/forums/god/messages/30351.shtml
that was an interesting post Paul.
considering a small quote from your post:

"Furthermore, I believe that the eventual abandonment of the ridiculous (IMHO) notion of infinity will allow for a great leap forward in human understanding."

if we did that what (for instance) would become of calculus? i'm sure my understanding of calculus is mathematicaly immature but from what i've been able to glean from calculus one needs the concept of infinity to understand the underlying theory behind calculus. after all the idea of working with infinitesimals seems paramount in calculus. the concept of infinity is intimately involved in the concept of limit in calculus.

regards, tim

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins