Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
You Offer Me Neural Networks Again, Thank You But No

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Tarvo on November 26, 2003 20:21:38 UTC

Don't you see that the paper you presented is neural network approach. There is plenty of such in the Internet, but you see neural network is not more than image recognition system what consists of two dimensional array of "neurons" what fire when pulses come from certain range (this is how it recognises images). It comes from the age of logical elements when they couldn't imagine anything else to model neurons, but they are not the only image recognition systems, to mystify them and even call them "consciousness" is the most unscientific thing what ever can be.

I take that your "BEC consciousness" means quantum consciousness in BEC, but you didn't explain what it is.

If you read then I never said that quantum consciousness must not be nonlocal, just if it is nonlocal then space may well be 2d, because nonlocality is not a part of the cartesian space.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins