Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
A New Theory And Answers To Your Questions

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on November 26, 2003 19:12:26 UTC

Tarvo,

Here is a just published theory that includes consciousness as an imaginary component


Quaternion Dynamics of the Brain
Authors: E. A. Novikov
Comments: 3 pages
Subj-class: Pattern Formation and Solitons; Neurons and Cognition; Disordered Systems and Neural Networks
A nonlinear dynamical modeling of interaction between automatic and conscious processes in the brain is described. Effects of sensations, emotions and reflections on the electromagnetic activity of the brain are represented in terms of quanternion field.
Full-text: PostScript, PDF, or Other formats
http://arxiv.org/abs/nlin.PS/0311047
---------------------------------------------

***Answers***
> Another explanation of EPR is string theory where particles can only be created in ten dimensions. So when a particle pair is produced at one point, and the particle and the anti-particle fly off in opposite directions, but they remain connected in the six compactified dimensions.

As much as I know the string theory is far from complete yet and there are many problems. BEC can also be explained without any quantum consciousness.

*** Who said you need quantum consciousness to explain BEC. I never did***

> But considering that consciousness can be non-local, which BTW is not proven scientifically,the medium must be a non-local medium

It may need a system with many connections (up to 12000) from a node like it is reflected by neurons in the brain, and in quantum medium it's likely impossible to implement such system without nonlocal connections, but this is of course not proven scientifically until we prove scientifically that there is quantum consciousness.

***OK***

> and undetectable as well, like the thread.

Why?

***Because we have not yet detected a non-local medium that connects particles in the EPR experiment or minds outside the brain***

> But since 3-d extent is necessary for thinking, a BEC is more appropriate.

If there are no nonlocal connections, then it most likely must be 3d because 3 is a minimal number of dimensions where we can implement any system (this is why cards in the computer have several layers).

***Why do you say there are no non-local connections?***

> A bec has other useful properties like being frictionless. So it apply to the supernatural.

He's tellin' me more and more about some useless information supposed to fire my imagination (Rolling Stones)

***You are entitled to your opinion***

> And since it must have location and be undetectable,

Why?

***All things in physics have location. We already discussed detection***

> it seems to be like Dark Matter. So I just suggested a model of Dark Matter.

So the only evidence of quantum consciousness for you is non-locality. Seems by far not enough.

***I have direct experience with my own consciousness and there exists evidence in CIA and other research that it is non-local. The quantum part of it comes from the hypothesis of a BEC as BECs are quantum coherent. But actually their is no need to use the word quantum. I would rather say BEC consciousness as the descriptive word. Aftrall everything is fundamentally quantum, even in the classical limit. So let's drop the term quantum and just use BEC

Richard




Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google
 
Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2020 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins