Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Yanniru Swears To Demagogue, And Nothing But Demagogue?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Whittier on November 25, 2003 20:19:50 UTC

At http://www.astronomy.net/forums/god/messages/30442.shtml, Yanniru affirms God exists and assigns her gender. But he denies that scientific evidence exists. So there is a disconnect for Yanniru between science and things he knows to be true. Because he has previously defined scientists in a way which excludes me, because I am not a PhD., we have an implication by Yanniru that what is scientific depends on authority of credentialed persons such as Ruquist. Then he proceeds to affirm the existence and gender of God while maintaining these on his own authority, not citing any scientific evidence and in fact denying it. He is a master of
bait-and-switch or the shell game.

His master of the internet is also demonstrated:
"From your post just above, if I remember it correctly, for as you know I cannot read it without logging out, you appear to believe that scientific evidence has something to do with language, and language alone."

"...for as you know," says Yanniru. He demonstrated contempt for me by "hiding" my posts from himself. He flaunts his contempt by
citing his inability to read my posts without logging out. He could ask the webmaster to un-hide my posts but Ruquist instead makes it a part of his rhetoric. He cannot remember what I wrote? He belongs on a different forum then.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins