Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Does The Pope Believe In Reincarnation?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Richard Ruquist on November 25, 2003 13:13:07 UTC

I was surfing the Physics Forum when I saw an ad for the Grand Unified Theory Wave Theory. From the title alone I did not expect it to be very grand. But my curiosity got the better of me and upon opening the link and read the Intro, the author, one Dr. Chaim H. Tejman, turned out to be a former student of the Pope [they were both in Poland, I presume. Chaim must have been the only jew in that class- one of the few in all of Poland].

Here is a copy of the Intro where the young priest-to-become-Pope is said to teach that the soul exists before birth and after death. Here also is the link: http://www.grandunifiedtheory.org.il/intro.htm

BTW- If you read the whole article you will see that it is a theory of everything including cancer and sex. Even quantum gravity does not cover so much of everything.

--------------------------------------
Introduction

Some fifty years ago, I started searching for an element or characteristic that is shared by all natural formation ns. I had the opportunity to delve into, as well as formally study, a wide array of fields. My love for physics and astronomy was matched by my affinity for math and nature. For two years, our class benefited from wonderful lessons on philosophy and religion given by a priest named Father Wojtyla, who currently serves as the Pope. He taught us that our souls predate our birth and are immortal. They merely enter our bodies until we pass on and then proceed onwards. This idea troubled me as I was unable to find any scientific explanations for this phenomena. I was also perplexed by man’s ability to think. If we indeed receive it as a gift, as Father Wojtyla contended, why isn’t it permanent? Why does it deteriorate with age along with the rest of the body? Moreover, how does our corporeal body, generate beautiful and sophisticated entities such as our spirit and thoughts? At the time, however, the available research ignored these great mysteries.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins