Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
All Is Well

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Aurino Souza on November 21, 2003 14:25:32 UTC

Kyle,

I'm sorry I didn't read your post before. I have avoided most of your posts as I hate to engage in aggressive behaviour, but at the same time I often have difficulty controlling myself. That is the only reason I chose to hide your posts, it's nothing personal and it's mostly about myself.

you in turn were simply responding to my somewhat brusque assertion that your argument that "God needed a Goddess to have sex with, since He made us in His image" was an absurd anthropomorphization of God that said more about human arrogance than it did about the nature of God.

Well, let me tell you then why I was so upset. It had nothing to do with the anthropomorphization charge, it had to do with your mistaking a joke for a serious argument. I hate when people take my jokes seriously, and I tend to think people do that when they are more interested in finding fault with my worldviews than anything I might have to say. You sure seemed eager to show me how I was a bad Christian.

But in fairness I think you threw a small stone at me and I carpet-bombed you with unnecessarily heavy ordnance. There was no reason for me to be so hard on you and so I apologize.

Oh, I wasn't bothered by your long post at all, I thought it was silly and I realized you meant it to be silly.

I thought you were a Christian -- because you argued the Christian position several times to me -- for some reason I thought you were

Actually, the reason I don't call myself a Christian is because I don't know what that word means. Honest to God, I have no idea! But I've been told by many Christians that I'm not one of them, so I take their word for it.

I believe that you are probably a nice guy.

Now I'm blushing...

I'm sorry to hear that you 'hid' me Aurino.

Let me tell you a secret: everyone who claims to have hidden other posters still reads everything. The 'hide' feature is totally useless, but it's fun to tell someone you hid them. It's a good way to make them feel powerless.

So in the spirit of that idea, I would advise you (to keep things from getting too mundane), to leave at least one person other than yourself on the forum that you do not hide!

Agreement is boring, I like challenges. But I hate mindless personal bickering, such as the stuff that Mike engages in. Sometimes I feel as if I'm going to have an epiletic seizure if I see Mike complaining of Harv's anonimity one more time.
But even Mike can be entertaining at times, I still read his posts occasionally.

From my end of things, there are no hard feelings, whatsoever.

The feeling, or lack thereof, is mutual. I'm sorry if it appeared as I was judging you as a person, it wasn't that at all. Except for a certain individual who called himself Luis Hamburg, I have never had contempt for anyone on this board. Heck, even Luis redeemed himself before disappearing for good.

As to my rude manners, blame it on my Italian heritage (my mother's side, the most influential).

Cheers,

Aurino

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins