Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Eat Some Knowledge, Ruquist. You're Getting Very Thin!

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Michael W. Pearson on November 19, 2003 05:49:31 UTC

Ruquist wrote:Evolution is a religious principle that goes back to the Vedas - 1000s of years old. The concept existed in the east long before it was discovered by western science. You can see evolution in the above list of avatars. They are all Christs. I believe that Jesus will come back as Kalki, the saviour of the world.

Here is another example that proves Ruquist simply does not comprehend scientific/biological evolution.
While change (evolution) is and has always been evident to everyone from prehistoric man (and probably apes) to the present,
the mechanisms of biological evolution are not demonstrated in the Vedas. What you wrote, Ruquist, is simply wishful thinking. You, like certain members of my own family, appear to think that some spots on this little globe are a repository of understanding which others of us , apparently...lack?

If you don't understand what is different between science and "religious revelation," then you don't understand science at all.

By the way, Sam Smith writes that Hinduism is very neglectful of individuality. Why should we care what Ruquist thinks anyway, if he thinks the Vedas are so great?
Btw, I do love Yoga.
Patanjali is one of my heroes.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins