Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
"poor Models Of The Real One"

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on November 17, 2003 13:46:08 UTC

Dear Mike,

In reply to your comment:

"It may be that those institutions' God and The Lord of Great Compassion might both be poor models of the real one"

I must admit that I agree with you. The totality of the Godhead, in my opinion, is quite complex and cannot be represented by the simple concept of a father. For one thing, both sexes are equally represented in the Godhead. Both Buddhism, where women cannot become Buddhas, and Christianity, are deficient in this regard. Although the cult of Mary in the Catholic Church is providing some balance in christianity.

Even is Hinduism, the gods are all male, but at least they are each associated with a cohort goddess, and the god of music and science and literature is entirely female.

It seems to me that what I call the godhead, to differentiate from a single being, is a heirarchy of male and female beings at the bottom. But the maleness and femaleness are lost as you go up the heirarchy sothat at the top you find only rather abstract entities that are even beyond the word being. They are all one in the sense that they are all entangled, they are all in communication. But the communication is from level to level rather than from top to bottom. It's like an electrical transformer that steps up the signal through the many levels of the heirarchy.

In Christianity there are two levels. In Judaism there are seven levels. Astronomy might say that there is the level of the earth, the level of the solar system, the level of the Milky Way, the level of the local cluster of galaxies, the level of the local supercluster, the level of the event horizon beyond which astronomers can never see, and then the god of our universe, then the god of the local cluster of universes, then the super cluster of universes-9 levels so far. But who knows where it ends.

Because of the nature of this forum, I like to put in something about astronomy whenever possible..

Sincerely,

Richard

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins