Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Easy?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Alan on November 17, 2003 08:06:44 UTC

Well; when I looked at the key; I noticed it was a different key than the one I needed for that door.

That means I noticed it was different: that includes it's topology: it was a different key.

How did I "search" the patterns in the topology? Well; they key I needed was a flatter key, for starters.

Even if they were both locks for similar flat keys; they would have a different pattern of notches.

In a network of definitions: topolgy is identified by looking at the network from a range of perspectives. Presumably any group-perspective will throw up a complex topolgy that allows a detailed search for other ways of looking at the group.

This seems to be at the core of modern physics: finding every way of seeing a group perspective.

A quick probably messy maybe errors idea:

In quantum electrodynamics: they look with a group perspective (by using numbers and a definition by probability e.g. a dice is by definition 6 faces in 1 dice): so thay might look at a dice as 2 ways of seeing 6 faces to give a probability distribution which is still a definition.

They then interact the dice with something else (that is also defined in a similar way). They then work out all the ways the group-definitions can interact (some may cancel: as two possible strategies in a Chess game may have common moves and other moves that only can fit one of the strategies).

They get a final group view of how the groups can happen and still conserve their initial defining ingredients intact. They then call this final group view "the probability of an event happening" regarding a particular localised combined group view; but actually they just projected a definition of the event like a hologram, from their original definitions?

So topology was projected by interacting topologies and seeing what could survive.

A Chess player "searches the topology of game-strategy possibilities" by grouping; by linking desired move patterns into networks and considering ways of obtaining those networks; I guess.

- dolphin

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins