Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re:

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on November 14, 2003 19:46:32 UTC

1. BEC exists in near absolute zero temperatures, but they may exist longer time in higher temperatures if they are very small (a size of a particle).

***Axion BECs because each particle has so little mass (1/1,000,000,000 electron mass) that they are thought to be a BEC even at solar temperatures. It's because the wave function spread is global in size and the room temperature velocities are relatively small- even solar surface temperature velocities***

2. A form of quantum consciousness may appear in BEC first because nonlocality and second because all particles occupy the whole space and therefore everything depends not so much on space, but connections. If these were absolutely dynamic systems then there are important only the connections between the points, not the location of the points, and patterns of the connections of the points. In general in such artificial consciousness there is no space unless artificial consciousness simulates a space.

***Agreed. The whole globe is an axion BEC. That's the connection to Bohm's pilot waves. They are the integrating factor in the physical or rather detectable brain processes***

3. I think that the best evidence of quantum effects of consciousness is the influence to random event generators of pear project. The experiment with thousands of people gave result that the frequency changed in desired direction 5% more than if it was random. http://www.princeton.edu/~pear/finalcap.pdf This is a very long document, so wait a while before the download ends.

***I'll check this later. Not sure why it should demonstrate a quantum effect.***

4. What Scaruffy said:

"Bose-Einstein condensates is that they seem to possess a primitive form of free will" What kinf of?

***I do not know what he meant. Maybe like super fluids can defy gravity and climb walls***

"When digestion of food generates enough energy, all molecular dipoles line up and oscillate in a perfectly coordinate manner, which results in a Bose-Einstein condensate." Really, is it proved?

***This is Froelich's hypothesis. But I think he just meant the difference between sleep and waking. I do not recall discussing the digestion of food. Is that in my paper?***

"This implies that the wave function tends to collapse towards Bose-Einstein condensates" I rather think that wave function and any equation just cannot describe everything because of the loops like in C program what cannot be described in Gödel's formal system.

***I do not recall ever saying that. Actually in BECs the wave functions should not collapse for lack of friction. But the Goedel incompleteness theorem may be important here. There may be solutions that cannot be derived from the axioms, or even any equation, as you say. I did not realize that his effect can be achieved in programs with loops, self-referential loops I presume.

Since you something about this, I would like to try an idea on you. As I understand it, Goedel knew these solutions to be true because they are true in a larger system (where they can be derived) that subsums the smaller system where they cannot be derived from axioms, or first principles. My idea is then if there exists in nature a system (presumably supernatural) that subsums or incorporates the physical world, then communication may be possible from the larger to the smaller system.

It seems that if it were possible, and if we can find a programs that subsums a looping C program, perhaps your AC program, then such communication could be verified by simulation. hat do you think***

5. "In theory, this property can be exploited to convert axions into photons (radio/light/gamma-rays) throughthe use of intense electric and/or magnetic fields." If this can be done, then it may give some possibility to study the nature of the processes in BECs and how the things form there.

***So far the experiments are negative. Axions have not been detected that way, or any other way. For that matter, I am not at all sure that Dark Matter is composed of axions. Recently there has been many exotic proposals for Dark Matter. However, what I like about the axion or some other particle of similarly tiny mass is that it has all the right properties to be a supernatural medium, frictionless and completely non-local. It at least has the right properties for consciousness.

Thank you for being rather supportive. You obviously read the paper carefully. You could copy this discussion over to your site if you deem it worthy. I think I can give you permission for that despite copyright issues, as the message below implies.

Sincerely

Richard

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins