Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Free Association Harv

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Alan on November 14, 2003 12:59:43 UTC

Hi Harv,

I recently looked at a book full of nursery rhymes and found almost none seemed to offer physics models!

You know what "free association" is?

Edward de Bono (who invented the phrase "lateral thinking") tells how you can invent stuff just by bumping words into other words. Example: clock radio.

Let me try: I'll bump "car" into "bird": wonder what I could do with that? How about a mechanical bird! Voila: invent the aeroplane. Oh, that's been done. How about: put a float in a Christmas parade that looks like a bird.

I allow ideas to meet freely in my head; I allow all sorts of things to suggest ideas and connections to me.It so happened that some nursery ryhmes seemed to fit re: looking to map physics ideas. But Beatles songs can be good too.

I can see patterns that appear in many different ways.

My mapping of physics apparently WORKS spectacularly well. It also easily sheds light on new stuff (as I showed in "Curved Pentagons" post. Loop quantum gravity fits easily it seems.

-Regards,

Alan

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins