Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
I Agree With How You Put It This Time

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on November 5, 2003 19:48:20 UTC

Aurino,

I see god operating in my life using coincidence all the time. So I would expect something similar guided all of evolution- some kind of intervention by an intelligence.

However, I see something else in operation where the fetus is concerned. Somehow I expect there is a form, perhaps based in genetics, but a form that goes beyond physical particles, that guides the cells. I would not call that intelligence but rather see it as something like the self- a form or design that perhps comes along with the genes.

I have noticed it where my broken fingernails are concerned. If I leave the fingernails alone, they never grow out straight. But if I cut them back, right to the core, they eventually grow out straight. It is as if they are guided by the correct form of a fingernail and get confused, so to speak, if a jagged nail is already there.

I have seen the same sort of thing in exercise. It seems that my body readjusts its size to fit the intensity of the exercise very rapidly, like it decides that with the increased intensity it had better lose considerable weight in order to accomodate the exercise. The weight lose, and more especially the loss of inches on my waist, happens very suddenly. Continued exercise at the same level does not induce further loss.

It happens all at once in a day or two and then plateaus even with constant level of exercise. It does not seem to depend on energy intake and expenditure, which would result in a more gradual weight loss. It is as if some higher level of intelligence decides to make a quick adjustment. But I think it may just be a threshold process inherent in all humans.

So I think much of what you attribute to a superior intelligence may be automatic, but yet dependent on the existence of forms or forces that are beyond the physical. Hands on healing and that sort of thing would involve the same phenomena.

I think God or nature or whatever, perhaps even evolution, has set up the system of life to work rather automatically even when the results are very dramatic and seemingly involve the supernatural. It's not done by intervention of some superior intelligence. In most cases it's all there to begin with and we just need to know how to activate the system to get dramatic results.

Thanks,

Richard

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins