Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Good Bye And Good Luck Eric

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Richard Ruquist on November 3, 2003 19:53:38 UTC

I thank you for what I have learned from the scripture you pointed me to. Previously like Jensen I was only aware of passages like the one that says that those that teach you not to keep all the laws of Moses would be least in heaven, like Paul who said the law was a curse.

But you pointed out far more significant passages. In particular John12:21-31. It says exactly the opposite of what apparently is your interpretation. It says that if you love your life, you will die and bear fruit.

Whereas if you hate your life you will keep it forever, like it's a hell. This coupled with Paul declaring that the laws of Moses was a curse has given me a new perspective on the born again philosophy. I have already used it on my best born again friend.

But basically it does not matter how you come to love your life, as long as it happens. Those who had led rather dastardly lives, like my friend, need something as drastic as seeming death to the old sinful life to again love one's life. Fortunately for most of us that is unnecessary. Most of especially in the USA where life is rather easy and rewarding have no problem loving our life.

Just for reference here is what Jesus said:

John12:[23] And Jesus answered them, "The hour has come for the Son of man to be glorified.
[24] Truly, truly, I say to you, unless a grain of wheat falls into the earth and dies, it remains alone; but if it dies, it bears much fruit.
[25] He who loves his life loses it, and he who hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life.
[26] If any one serves me, he must follow me; and where I am, there shall my servant be also; if any one serves me, the Father will honor him.
[27] "Now is my soul troubled. And what shall I say? `Father, save me from this hour'? No, for this purpose I have come to this hour.
[28] Father, glorify thy name." Then a voice came from heaven, "I have glorified it, and I will glorify it again."
[29] The crowd standing by heard it and said that it had thundered. Others said, "An angel has spoken to him."
[30] Jesus answered, "This voice has come for your sake, not for mine.
[31] Now is the judgment of this world, now shall the ruler of this world be cast out;
[32] and I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all men to myself."

Eric,

Jesus will draw all men to himself. All men, no matter what they believe, or even if they do not have any religion.

So do not worry so much about what others believe. As Jesus said, just love your life, love you neighbors, love those that persecute you and love god.

Take care of yourself,

Richard

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins