Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
So You Made It All Up

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on October 30, 2003 17:24:28 UTC

You do not live in such a country. You just imagined one.

I agree that the early Spanish Christains turned the American Indians into slaves and essentially committed a genocide as such a high percentage of them died.

However, if god exists, that did not kill god. God himself commanded a genocide in Israel as recorded in the Old Testament, and as recently discussed on these pages. In ancient times the god of various scriptures in many religions supported war. The Bagatavita Gita is the most famous narrative of such a case.

I have no problem with you not thinking a (or many) gods exist. I am convinced that the supernatural exists based on science. But it is not clear that there is a god running the whole thing. If there is one supreme god who was involved in the creation of the universe, I suspect that such a god is so abstract that the details of our existence are far beneath him or her, or it.

I have personal evidence that there are supernatural beings. But all the evidence points to beings that were once physically alive and are now dead, but still conscious and able to communicate with us. That includes the best known dieties like the Christ or the Buddha. It may be that our world is being run by the likes of these rather than some all-powerful God. In fact, if there is a god that interacts with us, it hardly seems all-powerful. It actually seems rather dependent on us to carry out its wishes.

So believe what you will. But try to keep an open mind especially regarding your own experiences. Your experience will be your best teacher.

Richard

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins