Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Someone Is Watching Us

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Eric Clark on October 30, 2003 16:16:53 UTC

RE: >> * and my computer just as I was in the midst of examining Galatians 3. Act of God, you say??? *
I don’t think so. I’m sure God would want you to keep up your examination.
It is likely that damned “evil” one or one of his servants.

RE:>> * But first let me remind you that Christianity did not exist until after Christ died. *
No, my friend, Christianity has ALWAYS existed.
( John 1:1-4, I Corinthians 10:4, etc. )
But -- the disciples were first called Christians at Antioch. (Acts 11:26)

RE:>> * That makes your first comments about dichotomy rather foolish. *
What dichotomy ? I forgot what the dichotomy was already and didn’t have time to look.

RE:>> * But I find Galatians to be even more fooloish. Let's look:
Gal.3 [1] O foolish Galatians! Who has bewitched you, before whose eyes Jesus Christ was publicly portrayed as crucified?
***He announces he is about to say something foolish***

NO. NO. NO. The adjective applies to “Galatians”. Those to whom he was about to speak. Why were they foolish ? After having received the knowledge that salvation is through Jesus Christ alone for what He did alone on that cross and is not of any man’s works or keeping of any laws as God allow it. Would God allow His Son to die in your place and then that not be good enough ? No, adding the need for anything else would only take away from His glory and honour. Woe to the man that does this.

RE:>> * [2] Let me ask you only this: Did you receive the Spirit by works of the law, or by hearing with faith?
****Your quote from Proverbs answers this****

Sorry, bad memory. Which Proverb ?

RE:>> * ****This is just plain silly. Paul is saying that Gentiles of faith are the sons of Abraham, and not the Jews**** *
No. He is saying that ALL (Jews and Gentiles) of faith are the sons of Abraham.
ALL those who believe on all of His promise.

RE:>> [9] So then, those who are men of faith are blessed with Abraham who had faith.
[10] For all who rely on works of the law are under a curse; for it is written, "Cursed be every one who does not abide by all things written in the book of the law, and do them."
****This is the most twisted thing Paul ever said. He takes the words of Jesus that you have to keep all the law of moases and turns them into a curse*****
NO. Jesus is fully aware that NO ONE can keep all the law, right ?
They were not “turned into” a curse. They always were a curse.

We really need to cover this I think, but first, don’t you begin to see that the context and rightly dividing in absolutely necessary ?
If Jesus says you are evil (Mathew 7:11) and says you must be perfect (Mathew 5:48),
do you really think that Jesus expects that an evil man can be perfect ?
The way we are perfect is be relying (trusting) completely in Him. That what He did for us is what makes us perfect, not what we do. When we place our faith in Him, His righteousness is imputed to us. In God’s eyes, we are perfect because when God looks upon one of His children, He sees the righteousness of His Son.
I pray you will come to understand and accept His Gift.

RE:>> ****So here Paul is saying that Christ was the only offspring of Abraham, completely contradicting Genesis and the word of God. I now despise Paul more than ever****
No contradiction. This is “spiritual” offspring. All born again believers are members of the body of Christ an, thus, the offspring of Abraham. Please don’t despise.
While Paul penned much of the New Testament, Paul was not the Author.
The same Author wrote the entire Bible from beginning to end - Alpha and Omega.

RE:>>[17] This is what I mean: the law, which came four hundred and thirty years afterward, does not annul a covenant previously ratified by God, so as to make the promise void.
[18] For if the inheritance is by the law, it is no longer by promise; but God gave it to Abraham by a promise.
****God did not promise salvation and afterlife to Abraham. Paul is mixing things up here. God promised things of the flesh like food and progeny to Abraham****
Well, I think he did, just not in those exact words.

RE:>> * ****Here Paul is saying that God did not write the ten commandments or even speak to Moses. So Paul is saying the Old testament is not the word of God. Don't you think that is blasphemy?****
No. He is not saying that at all.

RE:>> ****Proverbs points out faith as you pointed out to me. So faith in god and love of god existed before Christ. Jesus even said so****
Sorry, my memory about which proverb is hosed. I’m sorry, but I have human frailties
amplified by sin.

RE:>> ****Christ made it clear that you become sons of god by forgiving your enemy***
Just your interpretation through out of context and improper division.
My friend, how about we go through the book of Hebrews, which I think gives a good presentation for those from Judaism - though, if not from true Judaism it may not be as clear.

RE:>> ****You can have the promise of God to Abraham to make nations of him. I will take the salvation of Jesus instead****
Same thing.

You know what I think might help ?
If I provide you with a brief review of how people obtained salvation from Adam up until today. The short answer is “Believe God”. That means “Believe what He has told you is the way of salvation. Of course, He told different things in different dispensations.
In the Old Testament, the dispensations ended with “keeping the law”.
An overview of eternity past might be helpful too. Do you understand the pre-Adamic Age ?

Did you have the flu ? I haven’t and I can’t keep up with you.
Your some kind of dynamo.

Love, Eric %^)

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins