Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Agreed

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Eric Clark on October 30, 2003 16:13:45 UTC

Pardon if I repeat, I really got mixed up with too many posts at once between too many people. My fault.

RE:>> * By relying on biblical truth as the last and only word *
No. Not the “only” word, but always the “last” word on matters of truth.
By “last”, I mean “final authority”, not that there is “no more word after” because
God’s living Word coming to us through those pages is endless.
There is no limit on biblical truth, you only imagine that there is.
His Word is not bound. Indeed, the truth in His word is a bottomless wellspring from within -- these words which have been crafted as a thick plush carpet wherein we only see the surface until He guides our fingers down into the lush richness of its full body.
(Sorry – copied from a Harv reply) It’s still true though.

RE:>> * By relying on biblical truth as the last and only word, you have essentially stopped going to school. *
I am at school every waking moment, so yeah, I don’t really “go” to school.

RE:>> * God is still giving us insight and understanding and truth and science. *
more truth ?
No, God’s truth is complete, but, yes, God is still giving insight and understanding into His truth, but no new revelation (i.e., scripture).
more science ?
No. God is not still giving us His science.
God’s science has not changed in 1,000 years, nor 1,000,000 years.
Is it easier to say million or 1,000,000 ?
God’s science today is the same as it has always been from the beginning.
Now, the science(of men), henceforth called “science”, continues to change, of course.
Yes, He does still give us insight and understanding into His science.

RE:>> *
Just a few examples:
1. no more slavery
2. equal rights for women
*****and soon to come
3. equal rights for all religions everywhere
4. equal rights for all men and women what ever their persuasions.
*****and in the future
5. equal voting rights for all in all nations- no more totalatarian governments

****1-5 are inconsistent with the Old Testament and the Gospel.

I probably disagree in all cases here -- but you need to define what “rights” and “persuasions” are before I can address it further and what is 5 about - are you saying democracies or one world government ?

RE:>> * The world is still being taught by God. *
Are you talking about the 1-5 ? or just in general ?

RE:>> * Perhaps even God is learning****
Not a chance in 10 to the 70th power.

RE:>> * Afterall, in Luke it says that Jesus increased in wisdom. And if Jesus is God, then it seems to follow directly that God was increasing in wisdom, and perhaps still is... *
Yes, Jesus as a man increased in wisdom. Yes, Jesus is also God.
Boy, you seem to be starting to accept this, but you need to work on the context of His
two natures. By the way, sinful man just has a sin nature, but a man that is born again has
two natures, just like Jesus. No - I’m not saying that born again believers become God,
but they have His Spirit dwelling in them.

Love, Eric

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins