Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Your View Is Not Biblical

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Harvey on October 27, 2003 22:33:19 UTC

If you believe me to be well intentioned, why would you not allow me to explain these verses in the light of why I believe them to be truth ?

You did explain yourself already, at least I thought that was what you are doing. What you explained was an evil, sadistic god. Certainly not a God that any Christian should be worshipping.

Would you rather lay hold to your own opinion based on your human nature to be the final authority and thereby dictate in blanket fashion (as though you hold God’s authority) that all those who believe as I should denounce what they know to be true ?

I am just not as dogmatic as you, but I see that I should give more support for the biblical basis of my beliefs.

However, I see no error in defending what I know to be truth.

Truth is not God being an evil and childish being. If you want to believe that as truth, then you are sadly misled.

As for worship, this is where you are entirely mistaken, though, clearly, the living words of God, my Saviour, Lord, and Father, Comforter and Redeemer, are difficult for human nature to separate from a book made of paper and ink.
Though that paper and ink will fade away, these words shall stand forever.

The bible is not to be worshipped. The fact that you won't come out and agree says to me that you do not understand the Christian faith.

This is skewed and self-serving is your opinion based on what ?

It is skewed and self-serving as shown by Col. 2:13-14,20-23

"He forgave us all our sins, having canceled the written code, with its regulations, that was against us and that stood opposed to us; he took it away, nailing it to the cross... Since you died with Christ to the basic principles of this world, why, as though you still belonged to it, do you submit to its rules: 'Do not handle! Do not taste! Do not touch!'? These are all destined to perish with use, because they are based on human commands and teachings. Such regulations indeed have an appearance of wisdom, with their self-imposed worship, their false humility and their harsh treatment of the body, but they lack any value in restraining sensual indulgence."

Notice that this Pauline scripture clearly shows that Christians regard those ancient texts as human commands and teachings, self-imposed. It is not, as fundamentalists like to say, the word of God, but the word of humans putting their own commandments and teachings in effect. How is it that you are just hearing this for the first time?? You know some of Christianity, but you lack the very basics.

Do you believe the God is a Spirit which can communicate to you ?

Yes, of course.

Do you believe that His Spirit in not a pure form of truth ?

Yes, it is a pure form of truth, but it is not something which we can know in full. See for example:

1 Corinthians 13:12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

They are applicable, but you must understand the rightly divided context. You do not even want to learn that context. Could it be because you do not want the whole Bible to apply to you ? If the Bible is truth and does apply to you, where would that leave you ?

More basics? Galatians 3:25 "Now that faith has come, we are no longer under the supervision of the law."; Heb.8:11 "No longer will a man teach his neighbor, or a man his brother, saying, 'Know the Lord,' because they will all know me, from the least of them to the greatest."

You need to stop being so much concerned about what I Sam.15 and should be concerned about knowing basic Christian doctrine, which you show almost no knowledge.

I see we do not believe in the same Jesus.
--“at Jesus' birth, the Logos became Jesus”— No, my friend, Jesus, no some “Logos” has always been. At birth, He became human flesh.

Yes, I see that you do. Here is the Christian version:

2 Corinthians 8:9 "For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though He was rich, yet for your sakes He became poor, that you through His poverty might become rich."

1 Corinthians 15:45 "And so it is written, 'The first man Adam became a living being.' The last Adam became a life-giving spirit."

Hebrews 1:5 "For to which of the angels did He ever say: 'You are My Son, Today I have begotten You'? And again: 'I will be to Him a Father, And He shall be to Me a Son'?"

Romans 1:4 "and declared to be the Son of God with power according to the Spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead."

Hebrews 5:9 "And having been perfected, He became the author of eternal salvation to all who obey Him,"

Hebrews 5:5 "So also Christ did not glorify Himself to become High Priest, but it was He who said to Him: 'You are My Son, Today I have begotten You.'"

Harvey: This is the identity relationship that humans should all seek in their life. The way to achieve this identity, is through the salvation process whereby we let Jesus Christ in our lives, and we live a new life. If we submit to God's will, then we too will achieve this identity with the Logos, and we will become co-heirs with Christ in the Kingdom of God. Eric: This is another gospel.

Maybe you haven't read Paul's writings:

"This is the identity relationship that humans should all seek in their life."

John 17:23 "I in them and you in me. May they be brought to complete unity to let the world know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me."

"The way to achieve this identity, is through the salvation process whereby we let Jesus Christ in our lives, and we live a new life."

Colossians 3:10 "and have put on the new man who is renewed in knowledge according to the image of Him who created him,"

"If we submit to God's will, then we too will achieve this identity with the Logos, and we will become co-heirs with Christ in the Kingdom of God."

Ephesians 3:6 "that the Gentiles should be fellow heirs, of the same body, and partakers of His promise in Christ through the gospel,"

These above scriptures would suggest that you don't know the Gospel of Christ.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins