Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Response To Below Conversation On Double-slit-ism

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Michael W. Pearson on October 26, 2003 22:01:10 UTC

I don't know how my other response was so obtuse.

Anonymous wrote:
"Anonymous wrote:
"Here's a new theory on the universe and how events might be largely predetermined..."

I don't mean to be a defender of the status quo, but I don't see any support for assuming the validity or universality of this analogy (which "anonymous" posed")comparing:
1) the behavior of electron streams in a double slit experiment to
2) the complex interactions of brain, body, and external world involving our abstract and physical experiences

Anonymous wrote:
What some see as meaningless 'electrons' flying in all directions over time, is actually a quite specific pattern that emerges.

What is mean by "meaningless," and "in all directions?" I suspect 'nothing.'

Anonymous wrote:
"The question then becomes, what part of the 'wall' is our life going to strike. The most intense part of the wave pattern, or the area closest to darkness part of the wave."

I like this kind of thinking. Let us remember that sometimes the right answer is not what we thought it should be.

Thanks, Anonymous, for playing.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins