Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Row, Row, Row Your Bird

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Eric Clark on October 24, 2003 14:02:00 UTC

Sorry, it's the only Round Robin that came to mind.

RE:>> * Seems that there will always be individuals that want to believe in the ultimate supreme being that is responsible for the creation of our universe we are living in. Then there will be the Scientists and Ordinary individuals that see things and ask questions beyond what we know. Should everything be answered with "GOD made that" to subject that we do not know the answer to. I think not. This is just my opinion though. Just because we don't know something doesn't mean that only a supreme being could have made it. *

Correct. Keep thinking critically.
If you see a super complex and precise mechanism
( say a swiss watch, a KRAY computer, or maybe even the universe ),
do you believe it just appeared there ?
-OR-
do you believe that it had a designer and maker ?

RE:>> * As for needing a reason to belong in this universe, some people don't feel the need to have to belong to a certain religous group to feel at ease with the current state of the universe we are in. So which brings us back to the original Topic of the Term WORD. It means what you want it to mean based on which religion you subscribe to or it means something else based on your personal interpretation.

Just my two cents here. *

This sounds sort of how I would describe myself.
I am at ease with the current state, but, of course, I know who is controlling it.
And beyond not having the need, I don’t even “want” to belong to any religious group.
Neither do I need a reason for being here.
Then again, I guess you never need what you already have.
I don’t know how those things brings one to derive the meaning of the idiom “Word” as what you want it to mean based on your personal interpretation, but I’ll take it for what it’s worth. Did you say two cents ?

Just kidding, I would never take your money.

Peace, my friend.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins