Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Thou Shalt Not Judge Is FALSE !

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Eric Clark on October 21, 2003 16:16:46 UTC

RE: >> * This article is a judgement of the Baptist church and all others who are persuaded that water baptism is important. *
No, this is a judgment of what scripture teaches.
Are you one who believes in Matthew 7:1 ?
Without Matthew 7:5, John 7:24, and I Corinthians 6:3 ?
I also judge myself, as I am instructed to in I Corinthians 11:31.

RE:>> * Now that is a judgement on my part. But I forgive you for making such the judgement expressed in that article, which includes me as I was baptized by water long before I could even speak. *
I am not judging your heart or any man’s heart.
I too was baptized by water before I knew what it meant.
I judge what is truth that all might be saved ! Is this an evil desire ?

RE: >> * Note that the article suggests that their are many ways to be "baptized" such as belief or the laying on of hands. *
No. There WERE other ways. But now there is only One. The Holy Spirit.

RE:>> * There are many paths to god. All those different ways to come to god must include baptism by water. Especially because it is the way Jesus did it. It was the beginning of god speaking through him. *
Refutation without scriptural exegesis is just refutation.

RE: >> * So do not dismiss any path to god. *
Do not believe that God will allow you to take any other way than that which He has now said. -- John 14:6 Jesus came to fulfill ALL, there will be no other way. The pictures are done away with – we know THE WAY now.

Love to each of those who are called ny the Holy Spirit, Eric %^)

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins