Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
RE: The Subject Which Shouldn`t Be Needed But Is

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Phil.O.Sofir on May 5, 2000 17:26:11 UTC

I believe in the oneness of all dimensions, time itself is nothing more than a progression of changes, there is no real thing we wish to call time. Thus there are only points of change which can be traced by the effects of previous changes or strings. Evolution is a string, if traced back, it is understood that if any one link in the chain were broken in my personal string, I would not have existed, this is from the begining of life on earth, even farther, I want to use the word time to say "my being depended upon the changes that have occured from the begining of time" but there is no such thing, so I must connect the end of the string to the last unfathomly concentrated and then dispersed collection of matter and force "a local bang" and still the string would have lenth backward beyond that, but we know that to track it would be hopeless. All this added to the possibilities of what were alternative possibilities in each change that occured and you have a vision of eternity without the necessity of time, of eternal distance beyond hope of measuring.
I believe that this is the void in our possible knowledge we now hope to fill with GOD, however unsuitable the connection, it is what many WANT.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins