Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Lateral Thinking

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Alan on October 9, 2003 07:01:08 UTC

Lateral thinking expert Edward de Bono wrote a book: "Six Thinking Hats".

He also notes the idea that you can just look around a room, put two patterns together and see if you can make sense of the result.

Example: you might see a clock in the room, you might see a radio; you might think "clock radio" and decide "hmm, yeah that could be O.K., how about a radio that is also an alarm clock. New invention!"

However; such free association of ideas doesn't always give sensible looking results.

Aurino seems to be having fun with showing the potentially silly-looking possibilities the free association of ideas might get one into.

But remember the "clock radio"; sometimes the connections can deliver!

If you look at my stuff you will find it is not ANY old "nutty" association of ideas; but seriously reasonable say insights, may I suggest.

But it seems that you can find paths, even if rather complex, that link quite diverse ideas.

I did a controlled experiment in free-association thinking re: physics and I got a lot of very good results. Shakespear; "Though this be madness, yet there be method in it" might be interesting to quote even? But I will not be specially bound by that point of view....

what you see is what you get....????

-dolphin

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins