Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Jack Out Of The Box

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on October 1, 2003 18:44:19 UTC

Once again Harvey demonstrates that his out of the box thinking in relation to the rest of us- at least in relation to me.

I am not sure why all of the above listed options by harv could not be true. But the one that jumped out at me is #4. In quantum mechanics there appear to be several rather contradictory sets of axioms that arrive at the more or less same quantum theories. In relativity we have both Einstein's General Relativity based on spacetime curvature rather than gravitational force and flat space versioins that include gravity as a force, like string theory.

What that says to me is that there are severaL VERY DIFFERENT APPROXIMATIONS OF REALITY. I cannot help but hope that there is a single reality beneath it all. Otherwise we must be just figments in some god's computer game. An important goal of a TOE is then to determine if there is a single reality. Otherwise this world we all perceive is virtual.

And some god is having fun.

Richard, a possible jack-in-the-box

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins