Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
The Subject Which Shouldn`t Be Needed But Is

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Tim Seely on May 4, 2000 18:55:27 UTC

It`s a Chinese curse: may you live during interesting times.

It`s a Russian proverb: prove you`re not a camel.

It`s a modern Americanism: Boogey till you puke (eg. It`s better to burn out than fade away).

In the future God will not require proof. But that will be after science explains why not.

Today we can kill in the name of God and have support systems. Today we can criticize those speaking wisdom and have support systems. Today we can attack then be defended against then deny we ever attacked, and still have a support system.

Interesting times we live in. I can believe you are a camel and you can`t disprove me. Show me dictionaries, DNA samples, whatever, but if I want to believe you are a camel, I can, and probably I could find a support system.

Let`s talk about God and Science. Science is getting close to explaining unity, for instance: Superstring harmonics.

I, Marlin Sailfish Seabound Extreme, propose we discuss something. Superstring harmonics have been proposed here and there. Let`s talk about that.

Stephen Hawking has said superstrings have length and no other dimension. Yet the math takes us to ten dimensions, more or less. Let`s let the ten go since it confuses Everybody, so it seems.

Let`s talk one dimension: length.

Remember speed equals length times wavelength. And remember the inverse of length is one half wavelength.

So with just one dimension we find ourself in relativity: Energy equals mass times light speed squared (and light speed equals light frequency times 1/2 light wavelength squared).

So what?

The point is there are multitudes of doors of science which can be opened just by discussing one dimensional superstring theory.

Can we start there?

Anybody have an opinion other than unjustified attack?

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins