Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Good Question Aurino

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Alan on September 28, 2003 09:12:33 UTC

Well, it depends which "stuff" you are referring to.

I can tell you the difference other people's "stuff" made to my life. I can not predict what effect what I wrote might have in your situation.

I once met someone who was a good listener. The more they showed they would not squash me, the less fearful I became of being squashed.

Many years ago through a brother of mine studying philosophy I came across a book about a 1930's philosopher called : "R.G. Colingwood, An Autobiography" by Stephen Toulmin.

In that book I saw his idea about any present state of an ongoing process incorporates the past states of that process. This tied in with the idea of the good listener that events before the age of 5 years have significant bearing on understanding the present state in one's life.

I set out to recover my past. I wrote down what I could recall. I also decided to investigate phenomena within my inner thoughts etc. As you know: I made a series of amazing discoveries.

I reached a state of trust in the good listener that I became conscious as a very young child.
Also: I reached increasingly a state of "letting myself be"; of moving to not denying anything I ever thought or felt at any age (even if it looked silly to me-at-another-age) that when I thought about some past event; I was not just present to myself for a moment as people commonly experience. I was present "back then" for longer.

I reached the edge of total recall.

Also I gained awareness of certain experiences when I was a newborn baby. I became more alive, more at peace; by not being at war internally with myself across my own history. But I knew I needed to reverse the "change of state" that took place as a newborn; so instead of my spirit collapsing into a spot say somewhere behind my eyes; my spirit and body need to become one again....

I learned a lot from the writings of Thomas Szasz; who demonstrates the idea of freedom and responsibility.

I was raised as a Catholic; and found connections between what I was taught and what I knew as a newborn baby.

I posted some of my inner journey at Counterbalance. I invite Luis Hamburgh to critique it. In responding to the issues he raised; I made new discoveries. I realised about the role of "comparing and matching patterns" in how I think.

I saw what Dr. Stafford was saying. Instinctively the idea that "physics was circular reasoning" looked like a good contender for a "theory of everything" in physics. Over a long period of time trying to understand him I made a series of breakthroughs.

Around that time I realised it was so simple: musical chairs; join the dots; know the difference. I seemed to be able to explain many things inside and outside physics by "comparing and matching patterns".

Earlier this year a big breakthrough: I realised that a description in the book "An Introduction To Philosophical Analysis" by John Hospers, on how words are defined by a broadening and narrowing process, applied to Dr. Stafford's paper.

A mathematician I know looked at Dr. Stafford's paper. Although he expressed dissapointment and felt it was "much ado about nothing"; he seemed to concede my point that this WAS Dr. Stafford's point: that physics seemed much ado about nothing.

I discovered this year how to map physics in detail as "the laws only have force when you count". In other words; the laws of physics appear to be associated with the idea of "counting in a particular base"; or simply "categorising, or grouping things in a chosen "base", that is, "group".

What benefit has this been to me? I am able to see a new view of what I already knew from my baby-hood: that I can be in a state "where my every move is like a new law of physics. Where it is as if the very air parts to let me through". What is the Kingdom of Heaven like?

The parables that tell us what the Kingdom Of Heaven is like: these look very interesting in the light of understanding the voluntary nature of the laws of physics.

Rising from the dead: I seem to have a better understanding of what it means to rise from the dead. Paul writes about humans as remote controlled vehicles. My experience is that the "higher dimension being" that pulls the strings: is me. The baby-me that had to construct an ever more elaoborate ACT to cope with a world of actors.

Heaven seems to be about freedom and real life. So I cannot say that what I wrote must have any benefit to you. Only I can say that I have benefited directly from talking to each person here. For that I thank everyone.

Regards,

Alan

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins