Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
I Also Believe In A Heirarchy Of Consciousness

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on September 25, 2003 17:34:57 UTC

I believe that every thing has some degree consciousness down to particles, and that there is a heirarchy of conscious beings with some control over lessor consciousnesses.

However, I depart from you in that I believe that each member of the heirarchy has some degree of free will.

For example, when a message is being sent down from the big guy to humans, the relay beings, so to speak, may exercise there free will and distort the message. It may be that a translation is required and that the secondary languages are not adequate to express the full meaning of the primary language. So everything channeled to humans must contain some degree of distortion or incomplete information.

So along with and probably as part of the definition of a limited consciousness comes the freedom to make choices. It really seems to me that free will is necessary to satisfy the will of god. Otherwise it would not be very entertaining for her.

I do enjoy conversing with you, especially when we can find some common ground.

Richard

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins