Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
My Irrationality Is Based On My Experience

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on September 24, 2003 20:50:01 UTC

At an early age I was exposed to religion and I did my best to adhere to its precepts and indeed I found it to be inspirational.

But as I became better educated in science and especially physics I began to realize that my religious beliefs were irrational and I abandoned them in college.

Then some years later I began to see that there was a glimmer of possible truth despite it being irrational on the basis of science. Then finally I had some irrational experiences of my own, and they are continuing.

What I have learned is that only a small part of the world is truly rational. The irrational, on the basis of accepted science, does seem to exist despite what scientists say.

So irrational beliefs based on irrational experiences, in my mind, makes irrational beiefs acceptable. Much of the world has experienced them. In fact they have become subject to scientific investigation.

Richard

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins