Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Hi Dr. Dick

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Tim on September 23, 2003 21:42:18 UTC

the referance to the five percent i find difficult to understand was poorly put on my part. i'm still pondering over the first chapter and just haven't fully grasp it all in totality. i wont put forth any specific questions at this point as i'd prefer to grapple with it on my own for now. i very much appreciate your offer to help and i have no doubt i'll take you up on that offer.

i appreciate your self explaination story and can closely relate to the scenerio you went through. it has been my position throughout life to take what people say, "with a grain of salt" as the saying goes. i must admitt though i never thought of applying that philosophy to institutions such as the "learned academy" of science ect. i like the idea, very much. i also got into the scientific realm of academia as the result of it being "easy to tell what was rational and what was bull." my original desire education wise was to take no major what so ever, but just follow the pathways that most interested me but unfortunately i had to use the G.I. bill to fund my education and that bill required one to specify a major.
i also appreciate the history of how your paper came about and your trials and tribulations of trying to find interest for it. it is quite surprising that you were unable to find some one of influence to seriously have your work reviewed. i can't concieve of anyone seriously interested in science not being interested in the work you have done. your work address's questions that anyone who has studied science on a college level should be wondering about but for which there is precious little information about (ie. how it is that mathematics a product of human thought independent of experience, is so admirably adapted to the objects of reality? Albert Einstein)
as an interesting aside while i'm quoting here consider this anonymous quote from Morris Kline's "Mathematics and the Physical World" which goes like this:
"Algebra begins with the unknown and ends with the unknowable."

you need not be concerned that i will close my mind to your work regardless of what anyone says. i have already had real world experiences inwhich i have detected the essence of your ideas at work. such experience is enough for me to remain convinced about the validity of you work.

it is kind of funny that when i first started reviewing your work i thought i could well understand the concept of knowable data but was unsure about the concept of unknowable data. but when i finally did come to understand what the concept of unknowable data is then i began to question my understanding of what knowable data was. currently i'm at the conclusion that almost all or maybe even all our minds really grasp is unknowable data while knowable data is beyond our ability to grasp mentaly except for perhaps mathematical concepts.

i must cut this short for now. enjoy your travels and have fun.

regards, tim

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins