Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
My Problem,...

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Caleb H. Williams on September 17, 2003 16:50:40 UTC

that is a Good explanation for the purpose behind the various disciplines, I guess my problem is that I have been in a continuos search for a unifying element to human experiance and existance. I often find scientific discoveries exciting because they parellel many spiritual truths that I have held since childhood, symbolism being the unifying factor. I find my faith more practical and science more idealistic this way.

It is far more convienent to view the world in neatly seperated categories, science stands here, religion belongs there, but just as you described, one gives way to the other when brought to the same paradigm. I don't believe that mankind will forever live fragmented lives due to uncomprehensible conflicts in various area's of our day to day lives. My purpose for explaining Adam in these terms was to illustrate that the inability to "observe" certain cause and effect relationships past and present is an indication that a deeper reflection can be added to our knowledge as a collective, if we begin to erode some of the barriers we've placed between different aspects all integral to the human experiance.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins