Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
God And Science: The Title Of The Post

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Frank O'Shannassy on May 2, 2000 19:10:48 UTC

Dear God/Science Forum readers and writers,

I`m irregularly in and out of this post for God and Science and I feel the subject itself is very interesting. Maybe our host could guide us all to what is meant by a God and Science Post. I am under the impression that if science can approach the subject of god in any way, that these variations on the theme are allowed here.
I witness two main categories of entries: 1)
those posters (many names for one person or many names for many people, I can`t judge this) who wish to scientifically explain historical and new perspectives of God, and 2) those posters which wander from the subject, the most common wandering to me seeming to be people compaining about the posters of the first group.
I can`t really compare the complainers or the proposers of two letter word, Ah, as the complaints seem to outweigh any postings supporting the subject.
Maybe the person(s) who don`t like some of the subject matter here might use intellectual arguement against the subject matter rather than randomly complaining about it.
Maybe the forum shouldn`t even exist. That would seem a good goal for athiests or religious persons who don`t believe in science.
Or maybe, better yet, in my opinion, the Host would like to post something regarding rules and goals of this God/Science forum.
I personally believe in host and guest relationships as the foundation for peace on earth. But then I personnally believe in God as the ultimate host. And I believe in the ability of science to get much closer to explaining humanity`s spiritual experiences than is taught our children today. I don`t think science is anywhere near complete if it can`t explain spiritual experiences. Evolution would be failing us to not have weeded out the aspect of a human which can experience God. We wouldn`t be adapting if the spirit was fictional.
Thus, Host, who are you and what do you think?
A sincere poster, Frank.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins