Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
What Is "smarter" And What Is "Christianity"

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Whittier on September 6, 2003 08:20:25 UTC

Hi
Great. When Starr Treck Fohr came out, I noticed they used the "Songs of the Humpback Whale" audio recording in the movie. I had
listened to that recording as one of my favorites
almost ten years earlier. One should define
"smarter" and also inquire whether it depends
primarily on physical brain traits or on individual choices. Albert Einstein's brain was reportedly a little smaller than average for a human male, yet his interests place him in the "smarter" category.
Elephants also have much larger brains than humans -- but I don't know about their convolutions.
You mention the conflict with "Christianity"
which probably should read "conflict with
everyone's view who holds a different opinion of nonhuman creatures." Certainly I was inspired by Jesus much more than by the God who stated all that strange patter during so many parts of the "Old testament."

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins