Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
When Your Faith Topples Over Like Dominos

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Robert Garfinkle on September 4, 2003 06:53:14 UTC

When a series of or a large enough misfortune(s) occur (man made or natural), they either shatter your spirituality or add to your spirituality's decay. If it is in decay, just like a tooth, eventually it will shatter completely or disappear.

Like a death occurance of a family member:

I will give you an example of how I might react. So, a family member of mine, who has lead a healthy life, eats well, and lives to 60 or so, contracts cancer, and passes on. Naturally I would be devastated, but have faith that it was was GOD's will (let us say) etc.

Now, Take that same family member, but this time they are only 6 years old. Now I am starting to loose faith (spirituality) when they pass at that age. I think it is horrible that this person could not even get a taste of life, and how robbed they were.

Actually, I would probably not think that way, really, I believe that they would have been blessed with 6 years of life, and that it is a blessing.

But you get my point.

I would imagine that it depends on the degree of misfortune.

Hey, what if this new Asteroid (projected to hit March 21st 2014) actually does hit. My spirituality would literally be out the window.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins