Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
What Makes You Lose Your Spiritual Balance?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Whittier on September 4, 2003 05:49:42 UTC

Dear Friends,
I ask this question (in the title) to open the topic, but perhaps it is not so much to learn the secret of what distracts you. Surely we all lose our perspective sometimes -- probably each of us sometimes loses our way, our bearings, our objectivity, our sense of humor, our hope, and perhaps worst: our longing. Then all we have left is sadness. I have felt this way before just from missing opportunities for knowing the perishable blessings of friendship and love.
Lately I have not had to experience this, but
maybe I have only been distracted and the too-bittersweet poignancy of life might become apparent to me later.
I will always have posted to this forum even if the archives are perishable. There are
times when loss of faculties only means I don't realize what I'm missing...but that is no comfort if I realize I don't know what I'm missing.

I sunburn easily and tonight when I was at the Golden Harvest Restaurant in Vantage, Washington, I was privileged to
be in a dark, cozy environment where travelers and visitors may comfortably dine or imbibe with a friendly feeling that nobody is undermining them on purpose.
When I am in a dimly-lit planetarium, it is a similar amount of light. It is too much solar radiation distracting my systems that reduces my spirituality. I suppose many different incoming stimuli may interfere with our spiritual foci, but so will lack of outgoing effort in that direction.
Ciao shalom namaste, smell ya later and all that jazz

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins