Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Realistic Thinking

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on September 3, 2003 12:39:07 UTC

We have already eaten the apple called the fusion bomb. There are enough of them in existence today to end our species.

Having worked in military science for the USA I am not confident that such people will be able to resist ever using them.

We have used the atomic bomb twice on our species.

The fusion bombs are thousands of times more powerful than the atomic bomb as verified in South Pacific experiments, which BTW I also have worked on. [I am credited with the theory of the time history of the Starfish event bubble where the mass of charged particles made a giant hole in the earth's magnetic field, which slowly diminuished in volume in accordance with my theory.]

So I understand how fragile an existence we have on earth since we came to understand nuclear fusion and how to make it into a bomb. The demise of the USSR was a positive step. But it put us into an even more precarious state as the USSR had enough such weapons to end our spoecies, and who knows what has happened to them.

At least they have not yet detonated. We would all know if they had.

Sorry to ruin your day.

Richard

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins